Monday, August 06, 2007

Decks, Dancing, and Delays

I aplogize for not responding to the wonderful videos Ron made of the deck project. I wish I could have been there to help! Some comments on the project for Ron, Odi, and the guy in the red shirt(probably the brains behind the project).





First of all, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see Omer & Ron, Keren & Ben, Odi & Dalia, ......well everybody, dancing on it. I do however, have a couple of engineering concerns. Do you think the concrete footings are deep enough (should be 1 foot below the frostline) to prevent the frost from heaving them in the winter? The other concern is snow load. The support structure should be able to handle 150 lbs./s.f. I know, I know it only snows every 50 years, but......with all this global warming going on, and the associated wild climatic swings, you could get two feet of snow, followed by a cold rain, and the deck is ruined. I'd hate to see Ron, after a few beers, unable to hold his position on a deck that listed badly to the south.





I do hope that Ron is seeking medical attention for, what appears to be, his serious problem with flatulence. If it has not improved by the time we depart, please let me know Ron. I have some remedies in my truck that will put a cork in it for you.





Okay, Dalia and Sandy, I understand both sides of the getting up on Monday morning issue. Getting up late would require that many others delay their realization of a good time. Sleeping only on the toilet would require that many others delay their realization of a basic comfort. As self-appointed mediator in this dispute, I suggest we discuss it on Sunday night, after a beer or two, when we will all be a lot smarter, and then hold an election. I would be happy to count the votes and announce the group' final decision (which will be binding).



Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait

gary

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 06, 03:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger keren said...

:D
man, i sure hope they took all that snow issue into account. wouldn't want all that good work wasted!!!

just a few more days, hang in there...

 
At Mon Aug 06, 10:57:00 PM EDT, Blogger bk said...

Wow, right. I hope they have the snow plows ready in case we get a snowstorm on Sept. 7th. If it snows, we're in all kinds of trouble ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home