Monday, September 22, 2008

Papa's got a brand new bike!

i wondered around Kensington market, and heard hebrew. it was coming from 2 elders who are israeli originally, but they live in toronto since the 60's. I asked the guy (simha) if he knows of a place to buy used bicycle around. he said: "if you want to spent money.... i don't know". it sounds strange, and so it was. apparently, he has a pair, which he does not use anymore. we set up that i will take the bike from where we met, which is a shoe shop, where they own the property.

The next day (this afternoon) i went over there - 2.5 km, and the bike weren't there. in the store they also didn't hear of such a thing.

I came back a few time, and until 17:00 he did not bring the bike, I figured that his wife took the "sucker for israelies" out of him.

so, between 13:30 and 17:00 i walked around, looking for my other options, where eventually i went to this bike store, which has used and new bikes.
I took a pair to check, and i gave them an ID, so they will know i will come back. the sales person sais: you are israeli??? so is my husband, the owner of this shop.
I talked with him over the phone, and got even a better price then the sales person gave me... I am still sure they made a big profit out of it...

So, this is my ride for the next 2 weeks...















and as for the price....

total is 219 $, which includes:
1 very cool bike
1 very big helmet
2 spare inner tubes

and i ran out of the money i had on me....

but i still need to get a few more things. don't worry, i have a small back stashed in the HQ...

that's all for now...

2 Comments:

At Mon Sep 22, 10:51:00 PM EDT, Blogger keren said...

cool! i bet this bike fits you better than that old guy's.
don't forget to get a cushion for your poor butt ;)

 
At Mon Sep 22, 11:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger RonSha said...

i have been working on that cushion for 2 years, sitting in front of the computer...

and they have read and front suspension... feels like a Hammer.


and i just came back from the Sigur Ros concert.. it was amazing. the guys know how to give a show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home